National Commission for the Promotion of Equality
The primary task of NCPE is to monitor the implementation of:
- Cap 456 – Equality for Men and Women Act / Att dwar l-Ugwaljanza ghall-Irgiel u n-Nisa
- Legal Notice 85 of 2007 – Equal Treatment of Persons Order,
- Legal Notice 181 of 2008 – Access to Goods and Services and their Supply (Equal Treatment) Regulations.
- Legal Notice 316 of 2011 – Procedure for Investigation Regulations.
The Commission works to ensure that Maltese society is a society free from any form of discrimination based on:
- (i) sex/gender and family responsibilities, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief, racial or ethnic origin, and gender identity, gender expression or sex characteristics in employment; banks and financial institutions, as well as education; and
- (ii) racial / ethnic origin and gender in the provision of goods and services and their supply.
National Commission for the Promotion of Equality (NCPE)
Blata l-Bajda HMR 9010