National Human Rights Commission Bangladesh
The Commission was established to play a significant role in establishing a culture of respect for Human Rights with the co-operation of all concerned including the civil society, the public and private organisations.
- Education: The Commission has a mandate to raise awareness of Human Rights issues through research, seminars, symposiums, workshops, and through any other means and publish the results of such research.
- Investigation of any allegation of Human Rights violations received from any individual or quarter. Alternatively the commission itself can initiate investigation into any incident of a rights violation.
- Monitoring: The commission has a mandate to investigate particular Human Rights violation allegations brought forward by citizens or discovered through the Commission’s own monitoring.
- Settlement Facilitation and Recommendations to the Government: If a Human Rights violation has been proved, the NHRC can either settle the matter or pass it on to the court or relevant authorities.
- Mediation in Human Rights disputes.
- Conciliation in Human Rights disputes.
National Human Rights Commission
BTMC Bhaban (8th Floor)
7-9 Kazi Nazrul Islam Ave, Kawran Bazar,
Phone PABX # 88-02-55013726-28