Report on Reforms Regarding Intersex Persons in Kenya
The Taskforce on Policy, Legal, Institutional and Administrative Reforms Regarding Instersex Persons in Kenya was appointed in 2017 to:
- Compile comprehensive data regarding the number, distribution and challenges of Intersex persons;
- Undertake comprehensive literature review based on a comparative approach to care, treatment and protection of Intersex persons;
- Examine the existing policy, institutional, legislative, medical and administrative structures and systems governing Intersex persons;
- Recommend comprehensive reforms to safeguard the interests of Intersex persons;
- Develop a prioritised implementation matrix clearly stating the immediate, medium and long term reforms governing the Intersex persons; and
- Undertake any other activities required for the effective discharge of its mandate.
This finalised report provides a proposed framework for implementing the recommendations made.